IHE Application & Materials
In order to be eligible for the Intercultural Honors Experience, you must currently be enrolled at Franklin College, have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 (a high school GPA of 3.0 for freshmen), and must be in your freshman, sophomore, or junior years.
- Submit a completed application form to Christine Hendershot, 2nd floor of JCFA, by 4 p.m. on Friday, October 12, 2012.
- Have two reference letters completed by Franklin College faculty members and sent directly to Christine Hendershot, JCFA, by 4 p.m. on Monday, October 22, 2012. You must have these faculty members in graded classes (A-F) that are worth a minimum of 3 credit hours.
- Take the entrance exam on Tuesday, October 23, 2012. There will be 4 sittings for the exam in room 245 of the Student Center and you must attend one of those sittings. They are at 8:00, 1:30, 3:00 and 4:30. The exam will take at least one hour.
During the week of October 15, you will be contacted for an interview. Interviews will be held between October 22 and November 2.
Applicants will be notified by November 20, 2012 of the status of their application.
Please keep the following in mind when scheduling your spring classes:
- Since you will not find out if you have been accepted into the IHE until after spring registration commences, register for a full load, as if you were not in the IHE. If you are accepted into the IHE we will contact you to see if you want to drop a class.
- IHE 100 will be offered on TR from 1:40-3:20. Do not schedule a course other than Contemporary Issues for the same time that the IHE Seminar (IHE 100) is scheduled. If you are accepted into the IHE but have a course conflict that would delay your graduation or hurt your progress in your major, you will be allowed to defer your acceptance to 2013-14.