How It Works
- You transfer cash, securities or other appreciated property such as real estate into a trust.
- Each year, the trust pays a percentage of its value to you or to beneficiaries you name. The trust value is re-computed annually, so payments change from year to year.
- When the trust terminates, the remainder passes to Franklin College.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your contribution to the unitrust.
- The trust pays no capital gains tax when it sells the assets you have contributed to the trust.
- You or your designated beneficiaries receive income for life or a term of years.
- You can make additional gifts to the trust as your circumstances allow and qualify for additional tax deductions and increased trust payments.
- You have the satisfaction of making a significant gift that benefits you now and Franklin College later.
Click here to learn more about this option.