Full Name:Gates Cambridge Scholarships
Course of Study:All subjects available at Cambridge
Location:University of Cambridge
Campus Due Date:
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships are awarded to outstanding students from outside the UK to study at the University of Cambridge.
- The program aims to build a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others.
- Must be nominated by Franklin College.
- May be citizens of any country outside the United Kingdom.
- May apply to study any subject available at the University of Cambridge.
- May apply to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study:
- PhD (three year research-only degree)
- One year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.)
- MSc or MLitt (two year research-only degree)
- MBBChir Clinical Studies (four year postgraduate degree)
- Must be admitted to one of the degrees above at Cambridge through the University's normal admission procedures.
- Must be well prepared for the Cambridge course for which they are applying and must meet all of the conditions for admission specified by the University (e.g. academic, English language proficiency, if required and any other conditions set).
- Must be able to show evidence of high academic achievement, leadership potential, social commitment and a good fit with Cambridge.
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships are full-cost awards for graduate study and research in any subject available at the University of Cambridge, i.e.,
- the University Composition Fee and College fees at the appropriate rate*
- a maintenance allowance for a single student (£12, 500 for 12 months at the 2009-10 rate; pro rata for courses shorter then 12 months)
- one economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
- A discretionary contribution towards the costs of supporting dependants at Cambridge (upon application).
- Campus deadline: Please submit all required application materials to the campus representative by 5pm on July 27, 2012.
- Application deadline: October 15, 2012 for US, December 1, 2012 for non U.S.
You may apply online or on paper
- The entire GRADSAF application form
- Three letters of reference (two academic ones for admission and one personal reference for the scholarship application)
- Any other documents required by the Board of Graduate Studies (e.g. proof of English ability if English is not your first language) or the department to which you are applying (e.g. some departments require examples of written work or a GRE test score).
Franklin College Contact:
Dr. Hisaya Kitaoka
Gates Cambridge Scholarships are awarded on the following criteria:
- intellectual ability
- leadership capacity
- a good fit with Cambridge
- a commitment to improving the lives of others