Marshall Scholarships finance young Americans of high ability to study for a graduate degree in the United Kingdom.
- Must be nominated by Franklin College
- Be citizens of the United States of America
- (by the time they take up their scholarship ie September 2011) hold their first undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year college or university in the United States
- Have obtained a grade point average of not less than 3.7 (or A-) on their undergraduate degree
- Have graduated from their first undergraduate college or university after April 2008.
- not have studied for or hold a degree or degree-equivalent qualification from a British University
University fees, cost of living expenses, annual book grant, thesis grant, research and daily travel grants, fares to and from the United States and, where applicable, a contribution towards the support of a dependent spouse
- Campus deadline: Please submit all required application materials to the campus representative by 5pm on July 27, 2012.
- Application deadline: October 1, 2012
- Applications are made in one of eight regionsin the United States. Candidates may apply in one region only - either that in which they have their permanent home address or ordinary place of residence/employment, or that in which they are studying
- All items including the four letters of recommendation must be submitted online by the authorized contact and received at the regional centre no later than October 1st.
- Academic transcripts must be sent by mail (not online); they should be marked with the id code give at the time of application.
- Personal statement
- 4 letters of recommendation
Dr. Hisaya Kitaoka
- Up to 40 Scholarships awarded annually
- Criteria for selection: “distinction of intellect and character, academic and extracurricular distinction, individuals that display a potential to make a significant contribution to their own society, strong motivation and seriousness of purpose and the presentation of a specific and realistic academic program.”