Johnson County Public Library-Adult Learning Center
Mission is to strengthen the community by helping adults achieve their goals, enrich their lives, and equip themselves for the future through mentoring, one-on-one tutoring, and access to independent learning resources. Programs address basic literacy tutoring, GED preparation, family literacy, life skills training and English as a second language tutoring.
Programs: There are several different areas where volunteers may spend their time. The different opportunities are listed below.
- Baby TALK Hospital Visitor - visits new families at the Johnson Memorial Hospital to tell them about the Baby TALK program, give a board book to start the baby's home library, and information about newborn development and reading with your child
- Head Start Family Night Volunteer - helps with Head Start Family Nights
- Mailing Volunteer - folds, stuffs, and copies newsletters
- Office Help - copies, stuffs hospital packets, data entry, etc.
- Tutor - helps adult students achieve their educational and life goals
- Basic Skills - tutors adults needing assistance with reading, writing, and basic math skills
- Math Skills - tutors adults needing assistance with math, pre-algebra, and algebra
- GED Skills - tutors adults needing assistance with comprehension skills, essay writing, and math skills
- ESL Tutor - helps non-native English speakers learn the English language
Directions: South on Branigin Blvd from campus, building on left side of road
Notes: Volunteer opportunities take place at all Johnson County library locations. Time committments are open-ended rather than for specific time frames.
401 State Street
Franklin, IN 46131
Web site: http://www.jcplin.org
Adult Learning Center Coord.